9 november, 2020 - 12 november, 2020
08:30 - 12:30
VIRTUAL: Profound training in KCS with optional official KCS v6 Practices Certification Exam
Knowledge-Centered Service, KCS®, is a methodology designed to integrate knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support and service operations. If you’re considering launching KCS or tuning up your Knowledge Management processes, this intensive training workshop will provide the needed insights and skills. While this workshop will prepare you for the v6 Practices certification exam, the exam may or may not be included in the agenda.
Date & time:
November 9th – 12th, at 08h30 – 12h30 CET
This training is intended for individuals who require a thorough understanding of both the KCS methodology and its adoption. This includes people who manage or advise on the adoption and continuous improvement of the KCS practices. It is also appropriate for product managers whose products align with or enable the KCS practices.
During the KCS v6 Practices workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for ensuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow and value-added content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
Overview of the Workshop Agenda
- Understanding KCS and its benefits
- Knowledge Management best practices and industry examples
- KCS content: standards and quality
- The structured problem-solving workflow
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance assessment
- Leadership strategies and change management
- Technology requirements to enable KCS
- A road map for KCS adoption
KCS v6 Practices Certification (optional)
The KCS v6 Practices Certification is the industry’s most rigorous KCS exam. The certification promotes motivation to learn and is a verification that individuals have an in-depth understanding of the KCS methodology.
It is a two-hour exam proctored online via video, taken in your office or from home, within 30 days of course date. The exam consists of around 65 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. No supporting materials are allowed. A test exam of 20 questions in 1 hour is included.
Full course and certification description and benefits
A detailed description of intended audiences, content and benefits of both the training and the certification exam can be found here:
No previous experience required, but we recommend considering the KCS v6 Fundamentals training prior to this training.
The course will be conducted in Swedish unless there are English-speaking participants on the course. Reading material, course slides and certification are in English.
This training will be conducted virtually, via the communication platform Zoom.
The certification exam will be conducted virtually at a chosen time, via The KCS Academy Learning Management System.
To prepare for the workshop and certification exam, we highly recommend that you read the documents listed below. Students that have read the documentation before the workshop benefit more from the workshop and have a higher exam pass rate.
- KCS v6 Practices Study Guide
- KCS principles & core concepts
- KCS v6 Practices Guide
- KCS Adoption Guide
- Measurement Matters
KCS® is a service mark of the Consortium for Service Innovation
Certified KCS Trainer
Mob: +46 766 43 11 22
Price per participant, excluding VAT.
- Certification exam
- 1 550
- 1 690
- 15 900
- 4 000
- 1 390